FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Deodrant  (Read 1908 times)

Description:

Offline jessma03

Deodrant
« on: October 09, 2011, 08:03:59 AM »
my ds who is 8 needs to start using deodorant. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to what kind. He had sensitive skin and his allergies are peanut,egg,garlic,shellfish. Any help would be great.
DS--Allergic to Peanuts,Eggs,Seafood,Garlic andmany outdoor allergies!!!

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Deodrant
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »
Nobody at our house is garlic allergic, but we do have nut, soy, egg, milk, and shellfish allergies here (and the super-sensitive skin you mentioned) and all use crystal type deodorants with success.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
I have super-sensitive skin and have had big problems with underarm eczema (which SUCKS).  I've used the crystal stick deodorants as well, but have also used the Almay hypoallergenic fragrance free kind.  With the almay, I used the solid - the gel made my eczema flare too much.  The packaging isn't too girly (white and silver), and it's completely scent free.

Offline nutless

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »
My DS is pn/tn/soy/sesame allergic (contact reactive to all also) and he uses Old Spice Red Zone Swageer without issue.
DS (13) Allergic to peanuts/tree nuts/soy/sesame
USA

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 01:59:08 AM »
I've used Suave Baby Powder scented forever..
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3