Epi pens and prices (for schools who may be purchasing)

Started by Arkadia, October 12, 2011, 10:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkadia

In my email recently, just getting around to posting (no guarantees as to accuracy or currentness) It was from "DHS" (illinois department of human services? not sure):

Hello,

Please find attached information regarding the availability of the EpiPen 2-Pak® and EpiPen Jr 2-Pak® from Dey Pharma, L.P. at a discounted price of $112.10 to all public and private pre-school, kindergarten, elementary, middle and high schools. 

The ordering process is included.  Any questions regarding this process should be directed to Dey Pharma, L.P. Customer Service at 1-800-395-3376.

Please pass this information along to any and all schools you have contact with.

here is the attachment (if I've done wrong copying it to here, will a mod please delete it or let me know):

EpiPen® Auto-Injector School Price Communication
EpiPen 2-Pak® and EpiPen Jr 2-Pak® School Price Order Process
Dey Pharma, L.P. is pleased to announce that it is offering EpiPen 2-Pak® and EpiPen Jr 2-Pak®
(epinephrine) Auto-Injector 0.3/0.15 mg at a discounted price of $112.10 each to all public and private
pre-school, kindergarten, elementary, middle and high schools in the U.S.
EpiPen® Auto-Injectors are now exclusively available in the EpiPen 2-Pak® or EpiPen Jr 2-Pak®
packaging configurations in the U.S. Each EpiPen 2-Pak contains two EpiPen® Auto-Injectors and a
training device. The training device contains no drug product or needle.
Schools can obtain EpiPen 2-Pak(s)® and EpiPen Jr 2-Pak(s)® by following these simple steps:
· Obtain a valid prescription for EpiPen 2-Pak(s)® or EpiPen Jr 2-Pak(s)®.
· Call Cindy Holt at BioRidge Pharma at 973.845.7600 to request an order form or go to the
BioRidge Pharma website at www.bioridgepharma.com and click on the Dey EpiPen School
Price Discount Program banner to download an order form.
· Fax the completed order form with a copy of a valid prescription to BioRidge Pharma, attn:
Cindy Holt at 973.845.1088 or scan and email it to info@bioridgepharma.com.
· BioRidge Pharma will find a pharmacy near your school that is able to fill the prescription and
forward the copy of your prescription to the pharmacy.
· The pharmacy will notify you when the EpiPen 2-Pak(s) ® or EpiPen Jr 2-Pak(s)® may be
picked up at the pharmacy. Be sure to bring the original prescription with you to turn in to the
pharmacy.
· Your school (or school district) will pay the pharmacy the reduced price for the EpiPen 2-
Pak(s)® or EpiPen Jr 2-Pak(s)®.
If you would like additional information or have any questions, please contact Dey Pharma, L.P.
Customer Service at 1-800-395-3376
DEY® and the Dey Logo are registered trademarks of Dey Pharma, L.P.
EpiPen®, EpiPen 2-Pak® and EpiPen Jr 2-Pak® are registered trademarks of Mylan Inc. licensed
exclusively to its wholly-owned subsidiary, Dey Pharma, L.P.

just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

ajasfolks2

Thank you for this info! 

This should help some of us who might like to approach school boards and school district health services to propose a policy & decision to have "stock" epi-pens in schools.

It's always helpful to go with all the info in hand when make request -- why, cost, & how-to's covered and Q's answered up front.

:bump:  Gee, wonder if any national LTFA org is working on this?   :bump: 

(ahem.)
;D
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

AllergyMum

Why are the school boards buying them?  Personally if required I want them to use my sons own epi pens (which he wears on himself or the ones in the office that are his)  We take very good care of them (temperature wise, expire dates etc) and would not trust others to do so. 
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

hezzier

My post just disappeared so I'll start over...

The state of IL just passed a law stating that schools can have non-designated epi pens on hand in case a child has an allergic reaction at school...so the nurse would be able to treat the kid who has their first reaction at school as well as the kid who has been told their allergy is "mild" and doesn't have an epi pen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview