FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Two interesting comments from a former chef  (Read 1537 times)

Description:

Offline gufyduck

Two interesting comments from a former chef
« on: October 14, 2011, 09:38:20 PM »
Interesting comments today at lunch from someone who is a former chef.

#1 - restaurants where he use to work had pans were dedicated as PN/TN/shellfish free  :heart:

#2 - How do you eat out safely?  :hiding: (PN/TN/shellfish/sesame/sunflower? allergies)

The first comment was quite encouraging.  The second one has me scared.  I wanted to ask more, but was in a group setting and had no desire to have my allergies be the focus of the conversation.  I only brought them up because I was being pressured to eat at a pot luck, and my polite refusals were being ignored.

Offline SweetandSour

Re: Two interesting comments from a former chef
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it, or you would go crazy. And his kitchen was safe right? Why would no one else keep a safe kitchen as well?
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline hedgehog

Re: Two interesting comments from a former chef
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »
I don't think #1 and #2 are mutually exclusive.  I mean, he may have been asking more about how you personally eat out safely (what steps do you take to ensure safety), than how is that possible, given that it seems his own restaurant would be safe. 
USA