login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Food-Free Halloween Treats campaign  (Read 1786 times)

Description: CLU Inclusion

Offline ajasfolks2

• Committee Member Firebird
Food-Free Halloween Treats campaign
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:53:20 PM »
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Food-Free Halloween Treats campaign
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 09:07:34 PM »
Love this! Thank you!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline maeve

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »
I'm going to be the devil's advocate here:  I have mixed feelings about this for a couple of reasons, you give strangers information about a medical vulnerability your child has (and info on a method on how to harm them) when your child asks for the non-food treat and yet again, it's not really inclusive (kid is different than friends/peers when trick-or-treating). 

I'll continue to let DD trick-or-treat like every other kid and then swap out what she gets for safe treats and a present from the Great Pumpkin.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline AllergyMum

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »
I'll continue to let DD trick-or-treat like every other kid and then swap out what she gets for safe treats and a present from the Great Pumpkin.

This is what we do as well.  My son trick-or-treats like the other kids and then when we get home it goes directly into the trunk of the car and he gets a cool toy and some safe candy. 

Personally I would not register for this, as I would not want to share this information publically. 

And on a side note - the candy we give out is safe for dairy, eggs, peanuts & tree nuts.  It is not safe for soy or wheat.  For all the kids around my area, this works for the other kids with allergies.
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada