FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Crap... a reaction in my seven month old  (Read 1774 times)

Description:

Offline joanna5

Crap... a reaction in my seven month old
« on: October 29, 2011, 06:24:41 AM »
My oldest has MFA.  His younger sister is five and has NKA, so once a week, when he has school and she doesn't, I take her out for breakfast.  I also have a seven month old who comes with us.  Yesterday, we were eating- eggs and pancakes for us, a cut banana for the baby.  He did fine- I had a separate knife- but at one point, my daughter tickled his chin and cheeks.  Five minutes later, he had red blotches and hives where she touched him.  I just about cried.

Our regular allergist is booking into January.  Another one with the same hospital, though, could get him in on Tuesday so we're taking it and figuring the rest out later.  This is the worst weekend for it to be happening, too- Halloween crap, which is always stressful, plus my oldest's birthday.
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Crap... a reaction in my seven month old
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 07:22:07 AM »
I'm not even going to try to reassure you that "maybe it was just something else on her hands", because I know that won't help.  :-/

Has the baby exhibited any of the other lovely signs like eczema/asthma?

Good luck on Tuesday, and   :grouphug: to you all.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline eggallergymom

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 07:41:14 AM »
Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened!  The upside is that you know the drill, so you can take the necessary precautions now that she's had a reaction. The downside, of course, is that you know the drill too well, so this must create a lot of anxiety. Ugh. Hopefully the appointment next week will narrow things down for you.  Best of luck.
DD-age 9, LTFA to eggs, seasonal allergies, mild allergic asthma

twinturbo

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 08:54:07 AM »
Having been there ourselves at 7 months less than one year ago, I'd recommend getting the right Benadryl dosage now. The surprise of how early it struck caught me unprepared for dosage. In some ambulance trucks they only carry IV Benadryl and I wasn't emotionally ready for my baby to get an IV especially since it can be given orally.

Offline momma2boys

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »
Oh no, so sorry!  Even though you know the drill it is so discouraging to think about another child dealing with the same issues, worries.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Offline socks on a rooster

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 08:54:39 PM »
I hate FA! I'm so sorry. It just doesn't seem fair.

But, it couldn't have happened to a more prepared mommy.  :grouphug:

Offline joanna5

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 10:13:16 PM »
Going Nuts, he doesn't have eczema and no signs of asthma yet, but he has "twitchy" skin- sensitive with random blotches here and there.  Much like my oldest. 
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs