FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sees Candy  (Read 4330 times)

Description:

Offline pitter patter

Sees Candy
« on: October 30, 2011, 10:43:35 AM »
I saw this link on another website.  Apparently Sees has some products that are free of certain allergens.  It seems sort of impossible that any of their products could be nut free.  The stores themselves seem to be a minefield of cross-contamination!  I can't see myself letting DD have any of their products.......regardless of what their website says.  What do you all think?

http://www.sees.com/pdf/SeesAllergenInfo_063011.pdf
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Sees Candy
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 11:24:13 AM »
Not.in.a.million.years.

No way, no how.

Even my DH (who has a high threshold for XC and is only allergic to ONE treenut) has never been able to safely eat anything See's.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 12:54:21 PM »
 :o No way.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Carefulmom

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 02:15:11 PM »
The last time I was in See`s about six months ago, they had a sign up basically warning people with a nut allergy not to buy there due to x contamination.  This is quite a change.  Yeah, it`s a little hard to believe. 

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
The last time I was in See`s about six months ago, they had a sign up basically warning people with a nut allergy not to buy there due to x contamination.  This is quite a change.  Yeah, it`s a little hard to believe.

Likewise. I suspect this is like Dryer's "peanut free" BS.
The 3 is silent.

Offline pitter patter

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »
Thanks you confirming what I suspected!
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline jcpett

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 02:43:22 PM »
I have let my TNA son have the See's lollipops only with no problems.  I seem to remember that they are made in a separate facility.