login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: video made by little girl w/ pn allergy  (Read 1738 times)

Description:

Offline rysmom

video made by little girl w/ pn allergy
« on: November 02, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
This link was sent out by a local school nurse to all the teachers at the school. My friend is a teacher at the school and sent it on to me. It was made by a little girl showing the results of reactions from the desensitization she is going thru.

http://animoto.com/play/O4UE6bJ4OHgS91WurtYt2g
me -Latex, avocados, bananas,AND everything outside (at least the 56 things they tested me for) :(
Ry(19)- peanuts, Omnicef, PABA, wheat, corn, sesame. Outgrew eggs, soy, strawberries & tree nuts.

Dallas, TX area

Offline AllergyMum

Re: video made by little girl w/ pn allergy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
It appears from what they have written in the video that they do not use the epipen themselves when there is a reaction, but wait for the nurses/doctors at the ER to do so.  I hope that it is just a misscommunication and they use the epi at first signs of a reaction.  They are taking huge risks by not using the epipen right away and this delay in using the epi could result in tragic results.

It is also unclear if they are in a desensitization program.  Other than a couple of shots at the beginning showing her holding peanut butter all the other photos are of her reactions.
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline rysmom

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:27:45 AM »
I know. I don't know the kid or her situation. They didn't do a very good job explaining what she is doing.
me -Latex, avocados, bananas,AND everything outside (at least the 56 things they tested me for) :(
Ry(19)- peanuts, Omnicef, PABA, wheat, corn, sesame. Outgrew eggs, soy, strawberries & tree nuts.

Dallas, TX area

Offline MamaMia

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 12:27:39 PM »
Brought me to tears. Sharing it on FB.  :heart: to the family and the little cutie.