olive garden

Started by livingnutfree, November 03, 2011, 01:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

livingnutfree

after researching their site online and it only showed a few desserts that were may contain we decided to use a gift card we've had for a long time. talked to the manager and he confirmed it. forgot how yummy their bread and salads oh and strawberry daiq. are.
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

hedgehog

WE go there a lot.  Not my favorite as far as quality of the food, but for DS's safety, and a place that the family agrees on, it's great.  And we love that DS gets "dessert" (the mints are Andes).
USA

Ra3chel

The breadsticks are coprocessed. Last time I ate there, I was pretty much stuck with a plain salad, no dressing.
The 3 is silent.

livingnutfree

Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

Ra3chel

May-contain--processed on shared lines or in shared facilities. I didn't see the box, but the manager said it had a warning. This would've been this past March or April, in the Pacific Northwest.

Olive Garden has a history of being REALLY hit-and-miss on allergy stuff--I know they've had at least one seafood-realted fatality--and the two times I've been there in the last several years, I've gotten wildly inconsistent info.
The 3 is silent.

Carefulmom

I had heard good things about Olive Garden from an allergy standpoint, but when I went there recently for the first time since dd`s dx, my noodle pasta was cross contaminated with another kind of pasta.  I had one kind of noodle and found one stray noodle of a different type in there.  It may be that the two pastas had the same ingredients and were just a different shape from one another, but I can`t assume that.  Based on that, I don`t think I would let dd try it.  I`m just not sure how cross contamination aware they are.

Macabre

It's been fine for DS pa. But I had a shellfish rxn there last spring. And with sesame I can't eat any bread there (par for the course at restaurants) and have to make sure they don't put croutons in my salad.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

SweetandSour

We eat there, but I am only pn/tn with a few odds and ends. I wouldn't go if I had soy, dairy,etc.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

CMdeux

DD and I neither one can eat there safely(SFA, egg)-- don't know about "only" PA, but DH has never had any trouble with walnuts and he and I had eaten there quite a few times over the years (until I developed a SFA).

There are probably a lot of safe options for PA/TNA people, though as Ra3chel notes, anyplace that gives such radically inconsistent information out is automatically somewhat suspect IMO...

It seems to be HIGHLY location-specific.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Arkadia

Olive Garden is to Italian food what Red Lobster is to seafood. Barely nose above water next to Wag's and Denny's. Over priced, Over processed, and Over advertised.

I forgot "Overstimulating". I can't hear myself think in the place.
just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

SweetandSour

Quote from: CMdeux on November 24, 2011, 02:39:13 PM

It seems to be HIGHLY location-specific.

This. Mine knows me. They know my allergies. Would I go to one in a different location? I don't know.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

lilpig99

Quote from: Carefulmom on November 21, 2011, 09:59:36 PM
I had heard good things about Olive Garden from an allergy standpoint, but when I went there recently for the first time since dd`s dx, my noodle pasta was cross contaminated with another kind of pasta.  I had one kind of noodle and found one stray noodle of a different type in there.  It may be that the two pastas had the same ingredients and were just a different shape from one another, but I can`t assume that.  Based on that, I don`t think I would let dd try it.  I`m just not sure how cross contamination aware they are.

Same stray noodles at Noodles & Co.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview