Food Testing reveals problems with HONEY

Started by CMdeux, November 11, 2011, 09:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Mookie86

I skimmed the article, and it sounds like the only problem is overseas honey.  Did I read it right?  My Trader Joe's honey in my pantry says that it's a product of the U.S. Does that mean I can assume it hasn't gone through that problematic filtering process?  I think I'll call TJ's and ask some questions.

As soon as I finish the current bottle, I think I'm switching to agave instead of buying more honey, anyway.  It sounds like it's healthier and it tastes just as good.

hedgehog

I didn't read the whole article, but I must say, I am happy that I buy all my honey locally, from a farmer in town.  No question about where it comes from or how it is processed.
USA

eragon

i dont buy  honey that is labeled that its blended from different countries, and often stick to certain uk type brands.  do buy that manuka type honey, but i am the only one that like it!

allergic son hates honey, and when younger if touched skin would bring him out in hives, ok if i cook it, which i rarely do and normally its my honey roast chicken, or in my bbq sauce.

i suspected that the honey had pollen in it, hence the hives.

i suppose this explains in part the warning not to give to babies under 1 , due to the poisoing cases for some.....?
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Janelle205

I believe the big reason that warn not to give honey to babies is because of the risk of botulism...not positive on that, but think that's it.

hedgehog

Yes, botulism is the reason for no honey for infants.  My understanding is there is such a small amount that it is ok for toddlers, but babies' systems can't handle even that small amount.
USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview