Yeast

Started by shoshana, November 17, 2011, 03:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoshana

dd is dairy, peanut and tree nut allergic...what brands of yeast do you use?  i haven't baked bread for her in a while and can't remember what i used to use?

thanks.

CMdeux

I use Bakipan.  The brand may be a Canadian one.  I do NOT know about the safety for milk allergy, but it is safe for egg, peanut, treenut, shellfish.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Jessica

We've always used Red Star and Fleischmann's. We don't avoid dairy-only peanuts and tree nuts.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

jessma03

DS--Allergic to Peanuts,Eggs,Seafood,Garlic andmany outdoor allergies!!!

SilverLining

Quote from: CMdeux on November 17, 2011, 10:26:09 PM
I use Bakipan.  The brand may be a Canadian one.  I do NOT know about the safety for milk allergy, but it is safe for egg, peanut, treenut, shellfish.

I've never used that one.  Does it have a sesame warning?

I use fleisshman's for the bread machine.

SilverLining

From the Bakipan (Redstar) website.

QuoteAllergens

All RED STAR®, SAF® and bakipan® consumer Baker's yeast products do not contain any peanuts, tree nuts, potatoes, or any other products derived from these sources. All of our consumer yeast products are produced in a dedicated plant where there is no source of peanuts, tree nuts, potatoes, or any other products derived from these sources.

All RED STAR®, SAF® and bakipan® consumer Baker's yeast products are dairy-free and egg-free.

All RED STAR®, SAF® and bakipan® consumer Baker's yeast products are vegan. There is no animal byproducts or ingredients derived from animals in our products.

SilverLining

I just received a reply from Redstar (bakipan).  Their bread machine yeast is produced in a facility with no sesame seeds or sesame oil.  Yay!  Another safe product.   :happydance:

CMdeux

:thumbsup:  Awesome sauce!

I just love it because it works like a charm and it's FAAAAAASSSSST.  (Even better than F. RapidRise, which is what I used up until about ten years ago.)

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview