FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Circus  (Read 3756 times)

Description:

Offline anxious2008

Circus
« on: November 21, 2011, 07:14:51 AM »
Hello,

We were going to take my PA/TNA boys to the circus, Barnum and Bailey, and wondering if anyone else with nut allergies had any good/bad experiences doing so?

Are there peanuts handed out during the event?

Thanks.

Offline hedgehog

Re: Circus
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:24:50 AM »
Haven't been in years.  Last time we went, the concessions all sold peanuts, but I don't think I saw anyone buying or eating them.  Of course, there could be regional differences in how many people eat peanuts at the circus.  But I saw much more cotton candy and snow cones than peanuts being consumed.
USA

Offline AllergyMum

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 07:10:01 AM »
We have taken our MFA son before. I wipe down seat and for rhe peanuts I bring a bunch of plastic bags to I hand to people around us who are eating them. It allows them to help keep the peanut shells off the ground. We bring our own snacks.
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline KSLaru

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:36:25 PM »
We have gone several years now, and DD1 is very sensitive.  I'm always a bit nervous about it, but so far we haven't had any incidents.  We wipe her seat/armrests well, but don't let her use any cupholders.  If you buy water they will keep the lid (so the animals don't get hold of them).  There were peanuts sold at some concessions, but not in the crowd.  This year someone ate peanuts a few rows back without any problems for DD1 (didn't know they were there except we had to walk through the shells afterward). 

Check in advance - I think the s'mores on a stick might be okay; we got one once before and I think it was okay for PN, but I forgot to check this time.

Have a great time!

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 08:43:24 AM »
You need to wipe down the back of your child's seat. When people eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor, a lot of it ends up on the back of the seats in front of them.

We wipe down shoes before getting in the car. And wear shoes we can wash.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts