FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: KFC  (Read 6702 times)

Description: Anyone Eat there ?

Offline cindy2

KFC
« on: December 04, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »
DD & I were in the mall today and they just opened a KFC.  They gave me the nutritional info but it didn't include allergy info.  I called KFC and they gave me the # for FAAN.  I got the allergy info up on my phone and even though it showed no peanuts or tree nuts DD was concerned that there was an asterick stating something about the manufacturing plants of their suppliers.  Does anyone with peanut/tree nut allergies eat there?
DD-peanut/tree nut, lentils & legumes

Offline Jessica

Re: KFC
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
We eat at KFC all the time. The one here has a reese's pie on the menu but they're individually wrapped.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline AllergyMum

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »
In canada. My mfa son eats the chicken and frys all the time with no issues
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 09:42:03 AM »
USA- We eat there all the time.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline livingnutfree

• AKA newbienutfreemomma
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
we used to until we were at one we've never been to recently and was told my the manager that they use peanut oil to fry. i said oh is that something new and she said yeah we are trying different oils. i called corporate to see if this is happening at all kfc's and they said no. that store is a franchise but they are still supposed to get it in writing if they change anything which they didn't. scary
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 07:45:47 AM »
ds eats at KFC. He always eats the popcorn chicken and potato wedges or mashed potatoes w/o gravy. He is allergic to p/tn/sesame. They are owned by the same company as Taco Bell. They have the same warning, but two fast foods we do use. I think it is CYA labeling.

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 01:18:50 PM »
We eat there once in a while.  When my DD was really little and we didn't know what she was allergic to (which is peanuts only, plus some reactions to raw fruits and vegetables), she did have a mild reaction there that we've never been able to explain.  But we don't even know what all the variables were that day, so we eventually started eating there again.