login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Trader Joe Advent calendar  (Read 2500 times)

Description:

Offline KSLaru

Trader Joe Advent calendar
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »
Does anyone have info on chocolate Advent calendars from Trader Joe?  The label only mentions contains milk and soy, but I feel like I've heard labeling is not as good anymore.  (I hate to admit, I now have one practically down the street, but I haven't gone yet because the parking lot is always packed!)  DDs teacher has been a great support this year, and bought one for the class since she didn't see anything on the label.  Thanks!

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Trader Joe Advent calendar
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:25:22 PM »
You won't know without calling about the specific item, unfortunately.   :-/
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline KSLaru

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 06:31:23 AM »
I was afraid of that.  I am under the impresssion they don't label for crosscontamination, does anyone know for sure?  I'll try to contact them today as well.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
They sometimes do, and most things seem to have that sort of warning.  More often then not, my experience with recent items not bearing any shared lines ot may contains statement has been that they are in fact safe.  Bit I would ask if in doubt.  I have had a manager offer to call while i shopped, and come find me on the floor to let me know the answer he got from the dietician.  I have also emailed via the website, but you need a product number for that.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline nameless

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 05:56:25 PM »
I still find that all their chocolate items, candy items, cookies, treats are still very well labeled. But yes, call.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England