imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Michaelina's Frozen food  (Read 1615 times)

Description: anyone use?

Offline starlight

Michaelina's Frozen food
« on: December 06, 2011, 04:52:03 PM »
I've been looking for a good frozen mac and cheese, and I'm looking at Michaelina's.  I took a look at the allergen section on their website (http://www.michelinas.com/HealthyLiving_Allergens.aspx), and while it doesn't mention anything about shared lines/facilities  :-/, it also leaves out all mention of peanuts/treenuts.  I'm thinking, maybe this means they're completely peanut/treenut free?  That'd be awesome.  So I checked the ingredients of the asian sesame and teriyaki chickens, which would be a couple of the obvious possibly nutty culprits.  Here's the allergen statement:

CONTAINS: SOY, TREE NUTS (SESAME SEEDS), WHEAT

Ok, weird. Sesame is a tree nut in their world.  Pretty nifty they're labeling for it, albeit misguidedly.  I'm just confused now.  Anyone know the story with this company?  Any REAL nuts in any of their products? 

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Re: Michaelina's Frozen food
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:28:56 PM »
I called a LONG time ago and they were super rude to me.  They said they used peanut oil, but this was years ago.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3