Michaelina's Frozen food

Started by starlight, December 06, 2011, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starlight

I've been looking for a good frozen mac and cheese, and I'm looking at Michaelina's.  I took a look at the allergen section on their website (http://www.michelinas.com/HealthyLiving_Allergens.aspx), and while it doesn't mention anything about shared lines/facilities  :-/, it also leaves out all mention of peanuts/treenuts.  I'm thinking, maybe this means they're completely peanut/treenut free?  That'd be awesome.  So I checked the ingredients of the asian sesame and teriyaki chickens, which would be a couple of the obvious possibly nutty culprits.  Here's the allergen statement:

CONTAINS: SOY, TREE NUTS (SESAME SEEDS), WHEAT

Ok, weird. Sesame is a tree nut in their world.  Pretty nifty they're labeling for it, albeit misguidedly.  I'm just confused now.  Anyone know the story with this company?  Any REAL nuts in any of their products? 

Princess Cheese

I called a LONG time ago and they were super rude to me.  They said they used peanut oil, but this was years ago.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview