FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Lipton cup of soup?  (Read 2263 times)

Description:

Offline brownie

Lipton cup of soup?
« on: December 09, 2011, 07:47:25 PM »
A little late, but ds is camping tomorrow and I picked up Lipton cup of soup.  Anyone comfortable with this for PA/TNA?  I can't remember if we've used it before.  Usually we use Progresso for soup but the other boys are using that Mauchun stuff at the campout.
Brownie
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline Jessica

Re: Lipton cup of soup?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:20:34 PM »
Is there a reason you don't trust Maruchan? I think I would trust them more than Lipton.

eta: http://allergy.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/14422
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline brownie

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:15:48 AM »
Sorry - I saw shellfish warnings all over the packages I looked at while at the store? Should have mentioned that.  Both allergic ds's tested positive to shellfish via RAST for a long time (we never eat it so wouldn't know if it's real or would get worse with actual exposure) and a campout is not the place I want to find out!  Brownie

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 01:23:41 PM »
Oh ok. Yes it's not safe for shellfish. Your post said for PA/TNA so I thought those were the only things you avoided.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline brownie

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 06:38:10 AM »
I think it was Lipton Soup Secrets the boys used to flavor their stew at camp.  DH let ds use it because it had a very detailed allergen label.  He brought the label home...it was very good.  I don't rely on a good label usually but I was impressed. 

Yes I don't usually think about avoiding shellfish.  I don't know if it's really an allergy, and when you don't eat out or eat seafood, that one's easy.