Christmas Frosting/Sprinkles

Started by Jenna, December 18, 2011, 09:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenna

When decorating Christmas cookies or making Gingerman, which frosting/sprinkles do you use? This is for PA/TNA. Do you trust any mixes?

Jessica

We use cake mate. I make my own icing but I would trust Cherrybrook Kitchen and Betty Crocker brands.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

stinky

I like to buy large crystal sugar and die it with food coloring.....

aimee

we use anything by betty crocker all the time....the only sprinkles i have ever used is the betty crocker brand that i can only find at superwalmart.  they are made by signature brands and they have all different kinds. we are severe p/tn/sesame.

becca

Same here.  Cake Mate, Betty Crocker, Signature brands, are all signature brands, last I checked, but its been awhile.  I also trust Betty Crocker frosting and Pillsbury frosting.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

hk

Cake Mate and India Tree sprinkles and make my own frosting.

GoingNuts

Thank God (and our Admins!) for this site!

I made DS's birthday cake today, and it was so cold in the house that the frosting really didn't spread well, so I wanted to buy some decorations to hide the damage, LOL.  All I could find was Betty Crocker Decors by Signature Brands, and there's nothing on the website.  It's a holiday, so no customer service, either.

But who needs them when I have you all?  :heart:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

candyguru

I use Cake Mate sprinkles, and Cherrybrook Kitchen mixes.  Our peanut allergic, egg-allergic, wheat allergic, lentil-allergic daughter loves making the chocolate chip cookies with sprinkles :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Ra3chel

I use home-made royal icing. If you're just PNA/TNA, should be fine; you can make it with meringue powder, pasteurized eggwhites, or plain old eggwhites.
The 3 is silent.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview