login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sugardale Ham  (Read 3230 times)

Description: any thoughts?

Offline brownie

Sugardale Ham
« on: December 21, 2011, 09:24:08 AM »
I purchased a Sugardale Ham for Christmas Eve.  Usually I get Hormel 81, but I'm tired of compressed ham for Christmas Eve.  Does anyone have thoughts on this product?  Brownie
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Sugardale Ham
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 10:36:26 AM »
I'm not sure what allergens you're avoiding, but for our family, I've never worried about hams like that.  Their website doesn't have any ingredient or allergen info (though they do have gluten info), so your best bet may be to call them.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline brownie

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 08:14:17 PM »
Just nuts/peanuts; seafood sort of.  I need to remember to call tomorrow.  I would assume the ham is fine but I've always been so careful, sticking to the same brands for everything year to year, day to day.  Really the issue would potentially be the glaze I would assume.
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:57:57 PM »
I've never heard of the brand.  We use Farmland brand and watch out for seafood/pn/tn
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3