Smuckers

Started by jenna, December 26, 2011, 08:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenna

Does anyone with PA/TNA use Smucker's jellies/jams, etc? I see they make peanut butter as well so kinda leary to use them. Any other safe jelly/jams out there?

SweetandSour

I use them. I called a while back, and they were very allergy aware. They always seem to label well. I know they have pb, but I seem to recall it's a different plant, or it's a separate building or something?I can't remember specifically.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Jessica

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Linden

I called Crisco/Smuckers about two or three months ago.  The rep said they always label when the top 8 *proteins* are present.  I asked whether that means they test the equipment and then decide whether the protein is present and then label if it is.  "No ma'am", she said to me quite firmly and went on to explain that anytime a product is on shared equipment it gets the "may contain" label.  So long story short, if it's on shared equipment with the *protein*, it gets a label.

Note their use of the word protein.  I think we can infer that means they don't label for the refined peanut oil, which isn't considered a top 8 allergen.

I also asked her if this policy applies across the board to all Smuckers brands (Crisco and a few others), and she said yes. 
DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

candyguru

We use Smucker's jams as well, as well as ED Smith jams (Costco has large jars).  Also like Sarabeth's jams (from New York)
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

tigerlily

DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview