Great Value Cheese

Started by CP13, January 04, 2012, 05:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CP13

In case anyone hasn't noticed Great Value has a tree nut warning on their shredded cheddar cheese. I hadn't been checking the labels of cheese because one would think it's only cheese. However, it appears their cheese is processed on shared lines with other nuts.

Princess Cheese

Yep.  It's really.. eh.. weird?  We have some in the fridge for my non-allergic kids.  I may just buy some Kraft shredded though.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

joshsmom

oh wow. Last time I checked the warning was gone. I usually stick to brand name for cheese. Good to know.

YouKnowWho

It can be different for region but I did see it on ours last time.

Actually I think the shred cheese and cream cheese have a nut warning and I know their sour cream has at least an egg warning.  I tend not to be buy GV refrigerated products because of our allergy set.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

MandCmama

Their boxed mac and cheese used to have a nut warning too...
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

Jessica

Their packets of great value koolaid mix have nut warnings..
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Elliana

Last time I checked their mayo had a warning as well...shared lines with peanuts.
PN/TN allergic
USA

jcpett

Sometimes different size packages will have different labeling.  The last time I needed shredded mozzarella the 8 oz size bag had a tree nut warning, but the larger package didn't, so I ended up buying the larger bag and freezing the extra.  I personally love how detailed the labeling is on Great Value products and feel very safe feeding them to my son when the label does not indicate tree nuts. 

Mom to 7 yo with LTA to tree nuts and avoiding peanuts, sunflower seeds and mango

pitter patter

I'm with you jcpett.  I know that Walmart's products have warnings where you don't normally expect to find them, but their labeling is the best I've encountered.  If an item reads safe for my DD I don't hesitate to give it to her.
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Elliana

Quote from: jennifer41 on January 20, 2012, 04:26:13 PM
I'm with you jcpett.  I know that Walmart's products have warnings where you don't normally eexpect to find them, but their labeling is the best I've encountered.  If an item reads safe for my DD I don't hesitate to give it to her.

Ditto...
PN/TN allergic
USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview