Meeting scheduled for M's 504

Started by MandCmama, January 04, 2012, 07:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandCmama

After our preschool experience, we're pretty much dreading kindergarten.  DH teaches in our school district and the vice Principal in his building has really encouraged us to start the 504 process now. He too, has children with LTFA. We met with our allergist last week, and she is on board. She feels our requests are reasonable.  We'll see. 
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

CMdeux

Oh- good luck!

It's a terrific sign that the administrators are encouraging you to follow the 504 process, I must say.  That bodes well, at least potentially.   :yes:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Macabre

Yes, I am very much encouraged by what you've heard thus far!! And you know we'll help you through the process.  :yes:  I do think the time to start is now.  Good for you!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

MandCmama

Weeeell. We had the initial meeting today. DH looked at me on the way out and said "They think we're nuts". When I asked what made him think that, he said "the whole "we've been there, done that" spiel. That's what we always tell the parents we think are nuts".  I asked him if this "honor" was even bestowed upon fellow teachers? "Yep".
It didn't go horribly, but really, it was a 20 min "tell us about M" meeting. We can't do too much more until March, when he's actually registered. I do get the feeling if we make a request that hasn't "been there, done that" we will meet resistance.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

Macabre

Well, you get used to it. Lol. Just feel good you're doing this all now. Kudos to you!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

CMdeux

Exactly-- heck, even friends and family that know me WELL can sometimes think that I'm a loon over allergy stuff.

Oh well.

For relative strangers to think it?  Heavens, that's par for the course.   :thumbsup:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview