login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Epi allowed in SAT test?  (Read 1686 times)

Description:

Offline SkyRibbons

Epi allowed in SAT test?
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:35 PM »
I know this was discussed before, likely the threads are old.  I did a search but didn't find anything.

SAT's coming up in March.  Snacks allowed during break.  Only things allowed are pencils and calculator, and personal items must be put in locker.  I'm in the process of finding out about where snacks can be eaten.  If it's in the same classroom as the test, then dd needs to have epi with her.  I saw on the collegeboard website that a special form would have to be filled out for disabled students who need accommodations, but she has no 504.  Anyone with experience with this?

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
Re: Epi allowed in SAT test?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:30:58 PM »
yes.  my ds took the sat last year and I filled out an accommodation paper.  I think it was online where I chose test time/location.
He took it through Johns hopkins as a 7th grader, maybe the form was on that site.  Nonetheless, I would ask guidance at school or your 504 coordinator to help you with the accommodation for the test. 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline Carefulmom

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:44:55 PM »
MFA Mom, was that SAT or PSAT?  If he was in 7th grade, it was probably PSAT.  I think they are more lenient on PSAT.  Dd has always had her epi with her for that.

Sky Ribbons, dd took SAT Subject tests last June and there was no problem at all with her having her medications in the room with her.  Same for AP tests.  She said she was not allowed to have them on her or at her desk, but they were in the classroom that she was in.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:50:05 PM by Carefulmom »

Offline SkyRibbons

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:59:18 AM »
Good news - I just got a call from dd's guidance counselor; she said it's not a problem at all for her to have her epi with her and to let her know a week before so they can let the proctor know.  Yay, one less thing...  Now we move onto college vistations & accommodations.  Fun!

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »
No it was SAT with the hs kids. 
Glad to hear you worked it out.  There was an accommodation paper to fill out and it was no problem.
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes