Rice Milk...what brand do you use?

Started by hezzier, January 23, 2012, 01:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hezzier

I want to make vegan vanilla cupcakes this weekend and the recipe calls for rice milk.
Having never shopped for it before, I have no idea if it will be safe for TNA.

Any recommended brands?  Is there more than one brand?

CMdeux

Most of the people we've known with PA/TNA have used Rice Dream.  In a decade, I have never heard of anyone having problems with it, and I know for a fact that we didn't in the ~5-6 years we used it. 

However, with that said, it is made by Hain-Celestial, and it is made on shared lines.

I've not found a rice milk that is not made on shared lines with at least almond, and sometimes cashew, hazelnut, and other tree nuts as well.

Sorry.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

YouKnowWho

DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

twinturbo

We use Rice Dream but I'm considering Good Karma brand. DS2 had a huge reaction Sunday so we're still recovering from the events haven't had the time to email them. I know they have a PB rice milk ice cream but I'm unsure of the lines for the cartons of rice milk. I'm rather excited that they have a rice milk creamer.

YouKnowWho

TwinTurbo - does Rice Dream still have malt or barley in it?  I seem to remember that is why we passed on it.  Nutritionist wants to try DS1 off milk.  Cause my life isn't hard enough....
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

hezzier

YKW...this is the ingredient list from the vanilla flavor

filtered water, brown rice, safflower or sunflower oil or canola oil, tricalcium phosphate, natural vanilla flavor with other natural flavors (gee, that's helpful), sea salt, vitamin a palmitate, vitamin d2, vitamin b12

twinturbo

Sorry, conflated issues there. The Sunday night ER run really sapped me.

Older PA child drinks Rice Dream on occasion but only if he runs out of soy milk. He may or may not be TNA.

Younger child (barley, milk, plus now raw potato and nystatin?!?!) does not drink Rice Dream.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview