training being suggested for teachers

Started by in hiding, January 25, 2012, 07:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

in hiding

I'm a semi-regular poster, just don't want this traced back to me. 

I work in a school district and the nurse sent out this training link to all staff. allergyready dot com  (Won't let me post a link as a guest) Haven't been through it yet but thought it may be helpful for some.  It is written for teachers/school personel. 

She did stress to everyone that allergies can be fatal, however, she then went on to list minor symptoms including swelling  :hiding:

GingerPye

I just read an article in our local newspaper (it's a weekly small-town paper) that all of our local school-district bus drivers have gone through training for epipens.  I was pleasantly surprised  :thumbsup:
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

MandCmama

Not to burst your bubble GP, but everyone from the teachers to the bus drivers get trained yearly in our district as well. DH has been at these trainings 8 times now. He's never witnessed one person pick up the trainers they have lined up on the table. I'm saving that bit of ammo for the next 504 meeting, if needed.  :disappointed:
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of '18)

GingerPye

Yes, well, we're a relatively small district.  It's a first for the bus drivers here, to have this training.  And I've done the training for the teachers.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview