Has anyone called or emailed Bare Escentuals lately?

Started by Jessica, January 27, 2012, 01:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

I emailed and got this incredibly unhelpful reply:
Thank you for contacting Bare Escentuals.  We appreciate you taking the time to write us. It is correct that many of our product are manufactured on the same machine. As with all allergy claims we recommend consulting your doctor to determine which products would be safe for you to use.

So...how does my doctor (or dd's doctor in this case) know what is and isn't made on shared lines at BE?? I have a bunch of mineral makeup I bought years ago. I think before they had the lipstick. So I think it's safe but I don't think I'll be getting more from this company.  :paddle:
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

nameless

I use the basic face powder and blush with no issues, also have eye shadow. How specific were you in the email? Maybe calling is better? It's possible you got a canned response from a c/s rep who reads hundreds of emails/day and just doesn't give a sh!t.

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Princess Cheese

I just posted a huge list in the Adult section about makeup...just FYI, it may or may not be helpful. :)
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

CMdeux

:rofl:

at that e-mail, though.

That's definitely one for the Allergy CSR Hall of Shame.  Sadly, this response is not unique.   :tongue:

And, really?  "Allergy CLAIMS?"

WTF?  Are they saying that you DO NOT in fact have a real bonafide reason to know?  Or that you're merely looking to... score on them legally?  Since you are "claiming" to have an allergy??  Did that part make anyone else go "HUH??"  ???

Just weird.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Jessica

I replied with a rather terse email and got another with a big apology for the misunderstanding and that they would forward my message to someone who can help more. We'll see.

I did see the list but I really like the BE stuff for sunblock in the summer. But that list will come in handy when it's time for my other dd's recital. NKA but I still avoid my older dd's allergens in case of contact.

btw this was my original email to them:
Hi. Do the mineral makeup products ever come in contact with other bare
escentuals products (via shared lines, shared facilities, etc)? I have
to avoid all traces of peanuts and nuts and the lipsticks have macadamia
(not sure if other products have other nut oils in them). thank you
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Princess Cheese

2 girls & 3 boys <3

Jessica

Not disputing the safety of that makeup but it has to have more than those 2 ingredients if it's "mineral makeup". Those two parabens are both not minerals. I think it has some or all of the ingredients listed below that. I try to avoid parabens but we do use some things with them. One is sunscreen so I guess this would be a non-issue.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Princess Cheese

I might call and talk to them, I really like that company and they're pretty straight forward with me.  If I do call I'll let you know what I found out.  Also, I do do skin tests on all the products I use (new ones).  So even if you went to a Sephora or Ulta you could do a skin test on your or your DD.  I use the top of my hand AND my inner arm.  (This just works for me, I could be doing it wrong).

2 girls & 3 boys <3

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview