FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Make up that works for you?  (Read 13144 times)

Description: List your allergens.

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Make up that works for you?
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:08:39 PM »
These are the makeups that work for me.  I'm a huge addict, so.. my list is a little ridiculous.

PA/TNA only.
Clinique Perfectly Real foundation
Clinique eyeshadows
Clinique Translucent face powder
Revlon PhotoReady foundation
All Maybelline eyeshadows
Covergirl Lashblast mascara (orange tube)
Maybelline Grear Lashes mascara
Maybelline Falsies mascara (purple tube)
Maybelline Illegal Length mascara
NYX (nyx.com) cream blush
NYX eyeliner
Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes
Urban Decay [eye] Primer Potion
Maybelline lipsticks and lipglosses
Covergirl Bronzer
Covergirl Blue
Vaseline for lips
NYC eyeliner
NYC Translucent face powder
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation
Wet & Wild eyeshadow palettes
Wet & Wild liquid eyeliner
Rimmell concealer
Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse foundation
Revlon ColorStay foundations (it smells HORRIBLE, though.)
.. I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of anything else.

FYI, NYX.com lists ingredients and I have called on 3/4 of the drugstore brands.  I think Urban Decay also lists ingredients.

I'm looking for a good concealer bc my seems to not cover my dark circles
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 08:14:27 PM by Princess Cheese »
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline Jessica

Re: Make up that works for you?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 03:39:18 PM »
Is there a mineral makeup that is safe? Bare Escentuals never got back to me about the macadamia oil in the lipsticks (and possible x-cont issues) so I'm looking for something else. I want mineral makeup for the sunscreen feature of it plus I don't like liquid foundation.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »
DD and I have been using this (it does have coconut, though)

It works really well on her and pretty well on me, but since she has young beautiful skin, that's to be expected I guess!  One warning, it feels kinda weird going on - it's a powder, but feels wet when applied even though it stays a powder.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »
Thanks Rebekah. I'm hoping to find a powder that doesn't feel wet going on. I'd like to find something as close to bare minerals as possible since that's what I've used before.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 05:15:13 PM »
Yeah, it took some getting used to, but now I like it :).  I've used other mineral powders - Bare Essentials (I didn't react, but I understand your concern), L'Oreal, etc. - but the Revlon really does work the best for me.  It doesn't liquify, but has a cool (temperature) feel as it's applied.  Like how it might feel if the brush was slightly damp.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!

Offline Jessica

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:13:09 PM »
I think I might try it anyway. I looked at walmart today and they didn't have much else. Now I have to figure out which shade.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

forvictoria

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »
Hi,
I did alot of searching when I was diagnosed with my shellfish allergy chtilin and chitosane which is made from shellfish can be found in some cosmetics. I found an article about this company called e.l.f. it is Vegan but ofc please inquire with them for your particular allergen.

They list the ingredients for all items on their website
Their products are good and inexpensive and can be found at target stores or online. I used to pay 11 dollars a tube of lipstick by loreal before my food allergy now it costs me 1 dollar or 3 dollars.

Offline SkyScorcher

• let them eat pi
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »
Does anyone know of any eyeliners, shadows, or lip glosses that would be okay for someone with pa/tna/egg?  I've never used ANY makeup before, but... My friends are all starting to experiment with makeup.  My friend came over today and was VERY disappointed I didn't have any makeup to play with (you know, along with the weird-o hairstyle?  ~) ), but I didn't DARE let her use the stuff she had in her bag on me.  I know Wet N' Wild, Physician's Formula, Neutrogena, etc. are reasonably priced and available in my area, but it's all too risky without knowing someone else has used it... 
I'm probably being REALLY paranoid about this... :hiding:
Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy.

Der Regenbogenfisch kannst dir jetzt nicht hilfst!

Peanut, treenut (except hazelnuts), egg.

Western US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
I've had very few problems with makeup, but I don't know that my egg allergy would be as much a factor for me as it might be for others with egg allergy.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of any makeup I've used or heard of containing egg, though.

I've reacted to eyeliner twice (once in 8th grade, so I have no clue as to the brand) and more recently to Ulta.  I don't know if the reaction was just me or if it was pn/tn related.  I regularly use L'Oreal H.I.P. liner with no problems which is my favorite liner if all time. It stays on incredibly well with no smudging. Cover Girl and Revlon products have been fine for me. I have occasionally used Wet n Wild, also.  At one time Clinique had products with peanut oil plus they are pricey, so I don't use them.  Honestly, since nut oils are expensive, my gut says cheaper may be safer.
TX - USA

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 11:22:36 PM »
Does anyone know of any eyeliners, shadows, or lip glosses that would be okay for someone with pa/tna/egg?  I've never used ANY makeup before, but... My friends are all starting to experiment with makeup.  My friend came over today and was VERY disappointed I didn't have any makeup to play with (you know, along with the weird-o hairstyle?  ~) ), but I didn't DARE let her use the stuff she had in her bag on me.  I know Wet N' Wild, Physician's Formula, Neutrogena, etc. are reasonably priced and available in my area, but it's all too risky without knowing someone else has used it... 
I'm probably being REALLY paranoid about this... :hiding:

I avoid PN/TN just not egg, but I don't think there's a high chance that there's eggs in cosmetics.  Eyeliner, I use Maybelline Gel liner (that have quite a few colors but I use black), I also use Revlon/L'Oreal/Urban Decay.  Eyeshadows I use from Wet 'N Wild (the cheapest!), to Maybelline, Revlon, and higher dollar ones (Urban Decay - and more Sephora/Ulta brands).  Lipgloss, my fave is NYX (can be found on NYX.com or at Ulta), they smell SO yummy (think cherry fruit/type of smell) and there's so many options.  I also use Maybelline lipgloss and lipsticks.  Mascara, I won't use anything from Covergirl except the orange tube which is Lash Blast.  I've read some questionable ingredients in some of their mascara, so I stick to what I know.. but if you didn't want to go that route, I've use TONS of Maybelline mascaras.  I've used Benefit "They're Real" - I love it, but it made some lashes fall out - I think that's just my luck, though, I'm a huge make up wearer so it could just be my lashes aren't as strong as someone who rarely wears mascara.  I've also use Bad Gal by Benefit.  I've used Hypnose Drama an Doll Lashes by Lancome as well. :)
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:42:27 AM »
I keep thinking about trying Physician's Formula.  It looks safe.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 01:42:37 PM »
I've been using PF's blush for a few weeks now.  I like it.
TX - USA