FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Doctor-patient relationships; survey of physician compliance with CoMP.  (Read 1439 times)

Description:

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2012/02/08/are-doctors-always-honest-with-patients/

The original study is only available to subscribers, and I don't happen to subscribe to Health Affairs. 

Okay, so most of this probably isn't too surprising...  but this.... oh my-- THIS.

More than 28% said they’d revealed confidential medical info to an unauthorized person (intentionally or not)

SERIOUSLY??

Wow.  I hope that everyone can see now why I posted this one.  Aside from the fact that a physician who believes a parent to have "anxious" tendencies might well downplay the risk of anaphylaxis...  this is something that may require thought on parents' part, and possibly direct conversations with our physicians about.

I do not want our allergist discussing my child (his patient) with her school, with the leaders of extracurricular activities, etc.  SO DO NOT WANT.   :o
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.