Target brands: Archer Farms/Market Pantry

Started by pitter patter, February 10, 2012, 04:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitter patter

I noticed some "may contains" labels on some of these products.  Has anyone ever called on these Target brands?  I am wondering if they label for shared equipment consistently. 
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Janelle205

My allergen set is way different than yours, but I did want to mention that I did have a reaction (really scary ana episode) after eating a target brand product - a risotto box mix. It read safe for my allergen set.  Was never able to determine if it was cross contamination or a new allergy. (possibly saffron - I just avoid it, which isn't too hard)

Again, probably not that helpful to you, since I'm not nut-allergic, but wanted to chime in with my experience.  I do avoid all of the rice/pasta mixes from target now, but I do eat other target brand products that have worked for me.

YouKnowWho

We have found them to be inconsistent about shared lines with gluten.  I know others trust them for nuts and milk but honestly they just seem like most store lines when it comes to labeling, inconsistent.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

hezzier

From what my DH's cousin indicated is that many different companies make the "market pantry" items.  His company happens to make the apple sauce and one of the juices for the market pantry label.  So you would have to call on each item to see what they say.

pitter patter

Sounds like Market Pantry remains off our list of trusted brands.
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview