PIRATE BOOTY

Started by pitter patter, February 13, 2012, 10:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitter patter

Does anyone know if it's safe for PN/TN allergy?   I just found out that a parent is bringing it in for Valentine's Day party  tomorrow.
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

hezzier

Yes, we eat it all the time.  Here's info from their website FAQ...

Are Pirate Brands' products peanut and tree nut free?

Yes, Pirate Brands' products are made in a nut-free facility, therefore are peanut and tree-nut free.

http://piratebrands.com/faq/

pitter patter

Thanks Hezzier!  That's really good  news.  One more snack food for DD to enjoy and one less party food for me to worry about.   
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
USA

rebekahc

I've never used them because I remembered this:  http://articles.latimes.com/2002/may/19/nation/na-booty19

I think I'd have a hard time believing anything that company says. <shrug>
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Janelle205

Additionally, lots of the veggie booty were recalled in 2007 after a salmonella outbreak sickened several children.

http://www.about-salmonella.com/salmonella_outbreaks/view/veggie-booty-salmonella-outbreak/

In combination with what rebekah posted...not the best track record.

pitter patter

I want to thank you all for your information!    I didn't expect any issues beyond allergan concerns!  It doesn't sound like this company has a great track record.     I don't think I'll be adding this item to our "safe" list.   The party went great as DD has an awesome teacher who really "gets it".  The other moms in the room were great too.  There didn't end up being any pirate booty at the party after all.
USA

hedgehog

Wow!  We eat Pirate Booty, but had never heard of those issues.  Of course, I always treated it as junk food anyway--I just believed it to be slightly less bad than some other junk foods.  But still, blatant misrepresentation is not good.
USA

CMdeux

Perhaps it is just me, but any food containing the word "BOOTY" is probably not something I'm automatically adding to the cart.  LOL.  Truth in advertising, though, since apparently that is the body part that this most enhances, I'm guessing....  Kudos for that, at least.   ;D
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

PurpleCat

DD eats it all the time.  Once braces are added to allergies - even less snacks to choose from.  Pirate Booty replaced popcorn due to braces.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview