Red Lobster

Started by Ra3chel, February 16, 2012, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ra3chel

(Yes, I know there's a thread at the old board. But, mostly old stuff.)

A friend last-minute invited us to a birthday dinner here. Relevant allergies are PN, garbanzos, sunflower, sesame, eggplant, and lentils.

Any thoughts? It sounded in the older thread like they're pretty aware, but that was all WRT top-8s.
The 3 is silent.

GingerPye

The few we have frequented (one locally and one in my hometown) are both VERY allergy-aware.  Don't know if that is true all over.  But the website does have an allergen chart, and it seems to be updated very frequently.  They also have the book in the restaurant with the charts, but I always check the website because I am not sure they keep up to date with the book.  But of the two Red Lobsters we frequent, I feel very good about taking my kids there.   They do an excellent job with the allergies -- ingredients, preparation and cross-contam.  I hope you find that your Red Lobster is the same.

Be sure to take a chef card with your allergens --- they do appreciate having that when I give it to them.

Oh, and re-reading your list of allergens, of course a lot of yours are not on their charts.  Call ahead and discuss your allergens.  I hope you are pleasantly surprised, and they can accomodate you.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Mezzo

The book of allergen info is a newish thing there. They have been very attentive to us about Dd's (one) allergy. Normal practice seems to be to send out the manager.

SilverLining

I mostly stay out of the Traveling and Restaurant area, which is why I'm only seeing this now.

Red Lobster was one of the last places I gave up.  I figured lobster boiled in water was safe.  I had previously checked that everything was safe, and it was.  But, I didn't check EVERY TIME.  They made the buns fresh, and when they got a new chef, he had his own recipe.  It didn't just include sesame seeds, it included ground up sesame seeds, so I didn't see anything. 

BUT that was MY mistake in not asking.  Even when I could see the bun was different, it just didn't click.  (Hey, I was new to this wonderful life.)  But, staff really were helpful and knowledgeable.

Mezzo

Do they not do the signature garlic cheddar biscuits in Canada? I think people would pitch a fit if they changed them.
Or maybe you mean a sandwich bun.

SilverLining

I have no idea what they do NOW.  It was a bisquit, not a sandwich bun.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview