Kikkoman Pearl, 8th Continent Soy Milks, and Edensoy

Started by Linden, February 18, 2012, 06:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linden

I called 8th Continent about their soymilk.  The rep said there were no treenuts in the facility but they do run the soy milk on the same lines as dairy.  They test the lines and product.  In November and December they make an eggnog with egg.  They also test for egg after they make the egg nog.  I think she also said there were no peanuts in the facility.

Kikkoman Pearl is the mirror image.  I contacted them about their 32oz cartons because I read a posting on another site from '06 that said the 8 oz cartons were not safe.  Here is the response I received:

"The 32-oz. PEARL Soymilk cartons do not share a line with items containing dairy or eggs; however, it is made on lines that manufacture products with tree nuts (almond). " I did not ask about peanuts because there is an allergen chart on their Web site indicating no peanuts in the plant.

DS(1) very mild environmental allergies
DS(2) treenuts (almond, hazlenut?), avoiding peanut, milk, egg, avocado, cats, asthma

DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

CMdeux

Thanks!  I know that down in the milk forum, there was a discussion about soymilks during the past several months.  I'll see if I can find it and link it here. 

It's good to have confirmation about both the Pearl and 8th Continent.  It's really too bad that Pearl is on shared lines, because it is really good.   :-[
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

CMdeux

Western U.S.

Linden

Thank you for posting that link.  I wish I had re-read that thread before contacting Kikkoman and posting here :hiding:

CMdeux

I'm glad that you did, because it confirms the earlier info.  That's important.  Companies that give consistant answers are much more trustworthy for FA people than those that give random ones.   :yes:

Western U.S.

Linden

I called Eden Foods earlier this week.  They said their soy milks are made in a peanut and treenut free plant.  There is no egg either.  There is dairy in the plant but the dairy products are made on a totally separate line.  I didn't ask about wheat/gluten as I believe some of the soy milks actually contain wheat and/or barley. 

CMDeux also found the Trader Joe's 64 oz are only on shared lines with wheat as far as the top 8 go (see other soy milk thread).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview