Safe Bouillon?

Started by pitter patter, February 18, 2012, 09:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitter patter

What kind of bouillon cubes or powder to you all use?
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Jessica

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

CookieMomster

DS (16) - NKA
DS (12) - milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, cherries, and watermelon.  (Outgrew corn, wheat, soy, peas, and green beans.)
Environmental allergies to mold, trees and grasses. 
OAS to almost all fresh fruit and vegetables except citrus and grapes

hezzier

I didn't know McCormicks made bullion...good to know.

CMdeux

We use Better-than-Boullion, but there is a shellfish XC risk, and it does contain some soy.

It is low enough in soy that DH tolerates it, though, and I've not had problems with either the veggie or chicken varieties.  They also make a low-sodium variety.

We have peanut, treenut, egg, shellfish allergies in our household, as well as limited tolerance for soy and milk.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Jessica

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Princess Cheese

Wylers.  Even though they're by Heinz, they have a may contain warning for Eggs I believe..
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

CookieMomster

I didn't know McCormick made bouillon either, until I saw it on the shelf at Sam's Club.  So far, it is the only place I've found it.  It comes in larger container of about 200 cubes and is available in beef and chicken.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=162912&navAction=

McCormick Chicken Flavored Bouillon Cube ingredients (from back of package):  Salt, sugar, monosodium glutamate (flavor enhancer), hydrogenated palm olein, corn starch,  onion, chicken fat, chicken meat, garlic, tumeric (for color), disodium isonate (flavor enhancer), and spices. 

I phoned the company from the store the first time I purchased it and was satifsfied with their answers regarding cross contamination risks with ds's allergens.

DS (16) - NKA
DS (12) - milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, cherries, and watermelon.  (Outgrew corn, wheat, soy, peas, and green beans.)

Jessica

Is it only cubes? I buy the granulated kind. I hate trying to get cubes to dissolve completely.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

CookieMomster

I didn't see a granulated McCormicks, but I can tell you from experience that the McCormicks chicken variety dissolves very quickly.  The beef cubes do not, but I'm not sure why.
DS (16) - NKA

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview