imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Planning a trip to LA in July..  (Read 1532 times)

Description:

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Planning a trip to LA in July..
« on: February 20, 2012, 11:51:55 AM »
Now.. I'm so paranoid about allergies it's ridiculous.
We plan to go into LAX if we fly.. (I really want to drive, I'm so scared of flying but it will take SO long to drive).. I'm worried about the pressure in your head while flying.

So are there any good places to eat or avoid there?  We wanna do all the fun stuff while there :)
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline nameless

Re: Planning a trip to LA in July..
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »
There are probably some chain restaurants in the LA area not in your state/hometown.  I can give advice on PA/TNA:

Rubio's: fresh mex food
http://www.rubios.com/images/nutri_allergen/Nutritional-Guide-Allergen-Chart.pdf

Chipotle: custom burritos/rice bowls, fresh food/meat, love Chipotle!
http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/special_diet_information/special_diet_information.aspx

La Salsa: another fresh mex food
I eat there and I think they have a binder of ingredients or you can write to them.

In N Out Burger: You can call their 800#, many here have called and consider safe for PA/TNA (except the shakes b/c the icecream isn't guaranteed free from cross-x)

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline RaquelSA

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »
If you can, go to Disney even without kids. In the least, go eat at one of the hotels. They will accommodate your food allergies and serve you great food.

La Salsa is always good for pn/tn.

Maggiano's is great and the chef will come to the table to understand your allergens.

Google for "bakeries without your allergen" as there is a bakery outside of Anaheim that is great.

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 12:28:42 AM »
I might just pack a huge suitcase with my own food lol.. :P

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap hotel?  We'll only be there to sleep at night.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3