login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Annie's Naturals now labeling for shared equipment - US  (Read 1732 times)

Description:

Offline Linden

Annie's Naturals now labeling for shared equipment - US
« on: February 26, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
I noticed a new warning on an Annie's package, so I went to their Web site. The FAQ's section said they are now labeling for shared equipment for top 8.   :happydance:

Here is the text of the FAQ, with the link below the quote.

"While there has been no product reformulation or change in manufacturing facilities, Annie's  has recently decided to go above and beyond FDA requirements and include an allergen statement on all of our products that are manufactured on shared equipment with any of the top eight allergens. Our manufacturing facilities meet with the highest standards of cleanliness, and we maintain all allergen cleaning, and Quality Control protocol on file. We recognize the needs of our customers who have allergies or sensitivities to nuts, gluten, certain spices, etc. Annie's always fully discloses all ingredients on the ingredient statement and will answer any questions that will help consumers decide what products they can safely consume. At Annie's, we take every precaution to ensure that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur in our production facility. We run the products in a particular order to reduce the risk of cross contamination, take the equipment apart and thoroughly clean it in between runs of product. However, we want you to know that some products are produced in a plant that processes foods containing wheat, dairy, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, crustaceans/shellfish, and egg. This is why we voluntarily chose to update our packaging to include this allergen information."

Here is the link to the actual site:  http://www.annies.com/faq#58

I figure I might not find much with DS(2)'s set of allergens but it's nice to know that I can at least look at the package and know without having to call them.

DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma