Walmart Canada

Started by SilverLining, February 28, 2012, 02:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

A lot of Walmart products (Great Value) have allergen warnngs on them.  I contacted them to find out about their company policy, and clarify which allergens they label for.  In other words does no written warning mean it's safe?

Apparently they have no company policy.  No warning means call them with the product in hand so they can look it up for you.   :tongue:

I explained that having the warning on SOME products will lead to people assuming that a product is safe if that warning isn't there.  She said no, people know to call.   :insane:  I said no, not everyone is as paranoid as I am.  She said in her experience people with food allergies do know to call.  So, I asked her how many of the people that assume it's safe would call her.  She agreed that was a good point and said she'd pass my concern on.

So, I guess I won't be buying Great Value products anymore.   :-/

Edited to correct italics.

GingerPye

DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

rebekahc

I'd call again before totally writing them off.  If this part of what she told you wasn't accurate: She said no, people know to call. then maybe this part wasn't accurate either: No warning means call them with the product in hand so they can look it up for you.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

SilverLining

Getting the answer I initially wanted will not make me trust them.

There are some great products at Walmart here with the pf symbol.  I was hoping to buy some products for baking, but it's not worth the risk or mistrust just to save a few cents.

SilverLining

Better clarify that....the products with the pf symbol are Walmart, but not Great Value, and I do trust the products with the pf symbol.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview