imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: met both of the K teachers today  (Read 1593 times)

Description: Cautiously optimistic

Offline MandCmama

met both of the K teachers today
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
I met the 2 Kindergarten teachers today...one of whom has a life threatening shellfish allergy.  The other wears a medical alert braclet, but I never did find out why.  They were both very likable...I know their allergy experiences can work for or against us, but I came away feeling good.  There was signage on most doors stating "Peanut Free" (though the school itself isn't) and the nurse, head of food service, and the secretary all knew of Michael's allergy before we got there (we're in the 504 process). Still very anxious as to what next year holds, but more optimistic now...
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
Re: met both of the K teachers today
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
hopefully it will go well.  just get stuff in writing and don't let the way they manage their allergies dictate how they will handle your son's allergies, YK? 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline rainbow

Re: met both of the K teachers today
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:48:45 AM »
Right...remember he is 5/6yo and unable to manage the allergy without an adult's assistance...(ie cannot read labels or judge hidden ingredients)...they are adults.

Sounds good, though. And if the one teacher wears a medic alert bracelet, she must take her condition seriously and see the need for communicating it to others. good sign!

:thumbsup: