FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Safe Las Vegas Restaurants  (Read 1753 times)

Description:

Offline Nutternomore

Safe Las Vegas Restaurants
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:45:38 AM »
We've got an upcoming trip to Vegas. I'm reasonably familiar with the area, having visited many times as a child.  Staying at a timeshare with access to a full kitchen, but it would be great to venture out for a few safe meals if possible. 

We still keep a pretty tight comfort zone, always checking with manager on duty to discuss whether they have protocols to handle cross contamination risks in the kitchen, and ingredients.

I know they have In and Out Burger, but seeking some other options to add to that. 

LTFA to peanut and treenuts for my 14 yr old son, and 11 yr old daughter is avoiding tomatoes due to suspected allergy.

Appreciate any advice from those who have been there or any locals.

Thanks!
Dad to 2 teens
DS - 16, allergic to peanuts/tree nuts
DD - 13, allergic to tomatoes, broccoli, turkey (suspected)

hk

Re: Safe Las Vegas Restaurants
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
Not too exciting, but we have had several good experiences at the Macaroni Grill there.  There is also a Patsy Grimmaldi's Pizza there.  The one we've eaten at in Scottsdale was safe and DELICIOUS.  Maybe no sauce for tomato allergic dc...  Have fun!

Offline Nutternomore

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:41:26 AM »
hk,
Thanks for those two suggestions.  I spoke to the manager on duty tonight at Macaroni Grill and feel pretty comfortable that they are on top of things there. 

Now...on to try to find a few more options. :)

Just saw they have a Carnegie Deli in the Mirage...I have to check to see if their knishes are safe...I'd be instant hero if I could score a safe knish ourside of NYC.

Dad to 2 teens

Offline Nutternomore

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »
So far, I can report  back that Rosati's pizza is also safe.  Pretty tasty, too.  It's a take out or delivery only establishment, but that worked fine for our purposes the other day.  :)
Dad to 2 teens