Bar Harbor, ME / Acadia National Park

Started by MomInMD, April 04, 2012, 09:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MomInMD

We are traveling to this area for our family vacation in July of this year.  Anyone have any suggestions for allergy friendly places to eat?  Any help is very much appreciated!
DS has Peanut & Tree nut allergy.
Thanks!
DS (11) Peanut, Tree Nut
DD (7)  No allergies

Nutternomore

I've got the same question.  Can anyone share some insights???
Dad to 2 teens
DS - 16, allergic to peanuts/tree nuts
DD - 13, allergic to tomatoes, broccoli, turkey (suspected)

mkobhu2

i woud definately say Jordan Pond House is a must stop when your in the area, I ve never had a problem there, like any restraunt there are risks but the cooks here are willing to make sure your meal is safe. also I should note that the Bar Harbor area in my mind is an extreamly safe area for alergy sufferers so long as its not seafood.

it should be mentioned that i'm a native mainer and a have alergy to nuts

twinturbo

lakeswimr

Portland area--

There is Uno's Pizza restaurant in South Portland near the mall, there are some Chipolte restaurants in the greater Portland area, and the Portland Pie company in several locations that is supposed to be good with FAs.  I'm sure there are others as well.

At Old Orchard Beach we get Pier Fries from the the original pier fry place.  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g40792-d1130581-Reviews-Pier_French_Fries-Old_Orchard_Beach_Maine.html  This is located on the street BEFORE the pier.  (Careful, there is another fry place on the pier but that isn't the original one and they use peanut oil.)  Last time I was there the used soybean oil, I believe, at the original pier fry place with no chance of x-contam. 

Portland has a Whole Foods.  The Maine Mall has a Johnny's Rockets that had an allergy menu and where DS could eat the fries, surprisingly.    I'm sure there must be more but we haven't explored more.
Please check that all these places are still OK. 

MomInMD

After having a wonderful vacation in Acadia National Park, I wanted to let everyone know where we ate safely.  My son has a PN/TN allergy. 

The Thirsty Whale was his favorite!  We were told there were no nuts in the building, and ate there a couple times safely.

Rosalies Pizza was safe, and it was very good pizza.

Geddy's was safe.

Paddy's was safe...newly opened but very good about checking with the back.  Great food & location.

Of course, please check for yourself if you try these places as things can change and people have different comfort zones.
Thanks!
DS (11) Peanut, Tree Nut
DD (7)  No allergies

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview