imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Mall of America  (Read 2507 times)

Description: Any food suggestions?

Offline justme

Mall of America
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:29:03 AM »
Anyone know of any safe places to eat at the Mall of America?

Offline GingerPye

Re: Mall of America
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »
I don't know your allergies, but we ate safely at Bubba Gumps there. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline justme

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »
Peanuts is his only allergy.

Offline IowaMom

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »
We at PA only and mostly ate at McDonald's and famous Dave's. I think there was a thread on this a while back and someone had said they ate at bubba gump shrimp with a good experience.
10 year old DD - PA only
USA

Offline RaquelSA

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:47:28 AM »
We at last July in the Nordstrom's cafe. PN allergic had mac and cheese. We have eaten in their cafes around the country and they have been well-trained.

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »
We just did Chipotle.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »
A couple of months ago we ate at this fast Italian place on the second level I believe right above the aquarium. DS is peanut, but I am shellfish and sesame. Su that limits us. He is also vegetarian, so that makes us picky, too. 

And not recommending this at all, but we went to Paciugo for gelato. Twice. It is a Dallas based company, and the first store was near our house. The founder, Christiana, used to pick DS up and twirl him.  After they started putting up their "don't eat here  if you allergic to nuts" sign, she used to make special batches for DS if she knew we were comIng (this was after we moved to Houston and before They opened a Houston store.

DS gets the fruit ones.

Again, not recommending this for anyone.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:34:34 AM by Macabre »
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »
Mezzo where is Chipotle inside?

Fwiw there is a Macaroni Grill not too far north. DS and I did fine there.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 06:35:35 AM »
It was by a big food court. I think it was by Famous Dave's (which would be another good option). Upstairs somewhere but not by the entertainment stuff. Funny how I don't really know my way around there -- we mostly avoid the place! :)

Jemma2

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »
There is also a Buffalo Wild Wings.  3rd floor, near Macy's.

Offline willsmom

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »
My son is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts.  They have been very aware and have handled it very well each time we've been to Tucci Bennuch (sp?), Italian, first floor.  They seemed to have a protocol in place in the kitchen, from what I could tell.  Waitress even came out and told me they were uncomfortable with him eating the bread, even though there were no warnings on it, it was from an outside bakery and they couldn't be sure (she did this on her own initiative and thought of it herself - I didn't ask).  We've also been to Napa Valley Grille and they, too, handled it well.  Nordstrom Cafe numerous times with no problems.  It of course helps that he orders very basic things like M&C, steak, burger, pizza, pasta with red sauce....