FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: King's Dominion Amusement Park Virginia  (Read 3811 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
King's Dominion Amusement Park Virginia
« on: April 09, 2012, 08:57:20 AM »
Going to King's Dominion amusement park today, north of Richmond, VA. DS is PA. I am allergi. To shellfish and sesame. I will be reporting in.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline hedgehog

Re: King's Dominion Amusement Park Virginia
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:30:45 AM »
So, spill.  WE will be in that area next week, touring colleges.  We probably won't have time to stop there, but I'd like to know about it, just in case.  I found out last night that DH cannot take DS for the whole time I am gone, so we have to drag him with us (to 5 colleges in 4 1/2 days).  He's going to deserve some kind of treat or break along the way.
USA

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 06:29:00 AM »
I will try to to this tonight. I was trying to conserve battery. :).

If you are actually heading to Williamsburg, Busch Gardens is a far superior park. and I had lots of info about it at the old board.

But I will update this tonight.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »
The only place where peanut oil is used is at Chick-Fil-A and the Boardwalk Fries stands (which are stand alone carts and are all over the park). Fries elsewhere are not fried in peanut oil.

The only place shrimp is cooked is at Panda Express and the Outer Hanks. 

INTERNATIONAL STREET This is the area when you first walk into the park.  It's not hard to get back to it, but it didn't seem likely to me either.  There's a Starbucks there. :)
Border Cafe
The veggie burgers are MSF (they called them Vegan Burgers, but I've since been sent an email by the food manager for park.
The chips for nachos are tostitos

Funnel Cake
Because they aren't fried in peanut oil, we think these would be safe. DS didn't have time to try one, but we told him he can when he goes back (he's had them at Busch Gardens w/o problem). 

Ritas
It's the full, new Rita's.  :P  Butterfingers, Snickers and Reese's oh my!

Pretzel Place on the left when you walk in at the corner before the tower
DS ate a salted pretzel there. I had a bite without problem (I am sesame). I thought I wrote down the company's name in my phone, but I didn't. The company is based in Carrollton, TX.

Tower Pizza  At least one pizza place sells Freschetta pizza, which is fine for DS. We went there (not Tower Pizza).  What I haven't not found out is if the other places use the dough from Rich's.  Our family does not eat Rich's pizza, as it is produced on the same lines (or has been as recently as three years ago) as pb cookie dough.  There have been two times we've avoided Rich's--at a convention center (we were there for a huge church meeting a few years ago) and at a skating rink where DS was having his birthday party. And sadly, there they had changed to Rich's that week (it had been safe for him to eat there but wasn't for his party--grrrr).  Anyway--so it seemed to me that an amusement park might be the kind of venue to use it.  I am planning on emailing back the food manager--just didn't get to do it this week. 

OLD VIRGINIA
Didn't eat there.

THE GROVE
This is a 50s themed area with this huge tower thing that DS went up in. While he did, DH and I poked around.  :) 

Juke Box Diner
They serve PBJ Uncrustables
And burgers and such.  There was not a vegetarian option for DS, so we didn't do a lot of investigation.

CONGO

Congo Grill and Pizza
This is where we ate.  DH had a nice large salad (they have garden salads and Cobb salads throughout the park.  We determined the garden salads are an option for DS).  DS had fries and Freschetta pizza.  I had the chicken fingers and fries.

Inferno Funnel Cake
I wanted him to try a funnel cake here. They also have fried goodies that you normally only see fried i peanut oil, like fried Oreo's.  And they use Nabisco Oreo's.  They did not seem to fry anything with nuts.  It may be an option, but the other funnel cake places do not fry other things and may be a better option risk-wise.

Icee Mix-it Up
Looked like a safe option for a frozen treat. We didn't do this.  But we would have.

Frozen Lemonade
DH expected Lemon Chill, and that may be what this was, but it was hand dipped.  They only had lemon and strawberry, and DS had both.  It was right by the volcano (which was the longest line we had).

WATERWORKS
Wasn't open. Didn't go.

At some of the souvenir stands they have a Pucker Powder bars where you can buy this long container and fill it with different powders.  We didn't try it, but I did write down the web address, and it's fine. It might be a fun option.
http://www.puckerpowder.com/customerInformation.aspx

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »
Not likely we'll have time to get there this trip, but I printed out your post just in case.  DS will definitely deserve some fun time if we can manage to fit it in.
USA