Union Station, Washington, DC

Started by CookingMom, April 23, 2012, 05:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CookingMom

Next month, DS will be going on a 8th-grade field trip which includes stopping at Union Station to eat.  It has been years (pre-DS!) since I've been to Union Station so I don't know what's there.  I did look on-line but would appreciate it if someone who has been there recently could tell me what's safe to eat--Peanut/Tree nuts/Chickpea allergies.  Thanks!
DS - PA, TNA, chick peas (outgrew sesame seeds)
U.S.A.

maeve

I'm only dealing with peanut, tree nut and egg with my DD so I cannot speak to chickpea.  There's a McDonald's on the upper level by the gates to board trains.  There's a Flamer's burger stand down in the food court; however, I think we didn't eat at that one despite eating at Flamer's at our local mall.  I think we've only let DD have McD's.  Having an egg allergy limits a lot of places, especially deli stands.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

CookingMom

Does't McD's have peanuty-things?  I've never let DS eat at McD's.
U.S.A.

allerav

I believe there is a Chipotle, it is out of the way near the front entrance.

maeve

CookingMom,
The peanuts for sundaes are in separate bags.  I think it's the same with their other nut-containing items (a salad and oatmeal). 

The Chipotle must be new. 

USA-Virginia

CookingMom

Thanks, maeve...I may take DS to McD's but not on a field trip for the first time.

Flamer's looks good, I think--never been there but DS might try it.  He's such a picky eater although he's getting better.

On-line, it mentions a Taco Bell at Union Station.  Does anyone know for sure?  Taco Bell is certainly not my favorite place but DS will eat tacos 24/7.  ~) 
U.S.A.

maeve

I'm pretty sure that the Taco Bell is in the food court on the lower level, which is where Flamers is located.  DD usually gets a beef hot dog and fries at the Flamers at our local mall. 

USA-Virginia

CookingMom

Thank you.  DS will be one happy kid not to have to be the only one to bring a bag lunch.  I did tell him I'd give him some type of snack he could put in his pocket...just in case...but I'm sure between a taco and a hot dog, he'll do fine.
U.S.A.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview