imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Mention of PA and professional baseball  (Read 2386 times)

Description:

Offline Mookie86

Mention of PA and professional baseball
« on: April 24, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »
I was watching the Mets' telecast of a game, and the announcers were discussing what players eat before a game.  Apparently a lot of Met players consume PB.  Gary Cohen responded, "I guess there are no peanut allergies on the Mets at this time." What followed was an interesting discussion that, in Boston, one of the Red Sox TV booths is peanut-free because someone who works there has a severe allergy and can't be around any peanuts.

It's nice to see information getting out there that merely being around peanuts can be dangerous for some people!

Offline Ra3chel

Re: Mention of PA and professional baseball
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:52:18 PM »
I was watching the Mets' telecast of a game, and the announcers were discussing what players eat before a game.  Apparently a lot of Met players consume PB.  Gary Cohen responded, "I guess there are no peanut allergies on the Mets at this time." What followed was an interesting discussion that, in Boston, one of the Red Sox TV booths is peanut-free because someone who works there has a severe allergy and can't be around any peanuts.

It's nice to see information getting out there that merely being around peanuts can be dangerous for some people!

:yes:

And workplace accommodations. It's so hard to find successful precedents.
The 3 is silent.

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »
I guess that might be the reason that there's occasionally peanut-free seating available in the media booths.  I just assumed that they occasionally have extra room there, so they might as well open to the PA crowd.  But I guess they really do want that area peanut-free.
USA

Offline Mookie86

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »
I guess that might be the reason that there's occasionally peanut-free seating available in the media booths.  I just assumed that they occasionally have extra room there, so they might as well open to the PA crowd.  But I guess they really do want that area peanut-free.

The Nationals made a suite or press box PN-free for a game.  They scrubbed the whole thing before allowing the PA people in there.  However, the one in Boston always is kept PN-free to keep it safe for this employee.  :thumbsup: