FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Silicone Baking Sheet  (Read 1875 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Silicone Baking Sheet
« on: April 30, 2012, 07:13:49 PM »
My son introduced me to his silicone baking sheet.  I bought one on the weekend.  He has had the Silpat for quite a while...I got a cheaper one.  Seems great after it's first use.

This will cut back on my use of parchment paper.  Also, when I bake bagels, the oven temp is higher then what parchment paper is safe too.  My silicone sheet says it's good to 600 d.

Anyone else have these?

Offline nameless

Re: Silicone Baking Sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:19:42 PM »
I do!  But I rarely use it...I use it like a Silpat on the counter for doughs and such. Why? I can't stand the smell of silicone bakeware when it gets hots. Then, I can *taste* it in the food. Ick, blech. Might just be me as I'm super hound-dog nose and taste-buds.

I also don't like how things don't quite brown the same way. I love my "If You Care" recycled brown parchment on a shiny aluminum sheet pan :)

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Silicone Baking Sheet
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
Same here, Adrienne.  It's not just you.  Though DH is convinced I could get a job at the airport sniffing luggage.   ;D
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US