A weird experience

Started by SilverLining, May 12, 2012, 06:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

We often go to M&M Meat Shops.  They label really well for both my allergens and there are a lot of foods I can buy there.  Although there are several Convenient to us, we almost always go to the same one.

Some, when I want to read the ingredients first, they don't quite roll their eyes, but they seem to be upset that I'm holding up the line.  One argued once with me that ingredients are the same as last week so really...why do I need to read them EVERY time!

But, this one store, they are much more pleasant.  They usually place the boxes with the ingredients facing me, and if they don't when they see me turn it, they'll say something like "Oops!  Sorry, I forgot."   Well, today I may have found out WHY they seem to get it so much more.  On the counter was a box of sample size Aero chocolates.  The guy offered us one each.  Jim said "I'll take one, but not HER.  I'm the only nut she likes." 

"Nuts?" the guy says.  "There's nuts in them?"  I started explaining about cross contamination and he grabs the box and starts reading it.  "I've been munching on these all day....I should be more like you and read the label every time.  I'm allergic to hazelnuts and I thought all Aero were safe."

candyguru

Sample size Aero may contain nuts?  Which one?  I am trying to think of an unsafe Aero.. I know the snack size ie: Halloween size, are safe..  all I can think about are the holiday Aero  novelties/Aero eggs et that have the peanut warnings.. as the majority of Aero products are 100% for nut allergic, just curious which product this is

The only Aeros I can think of that may contain nuts these days are the Aero lamb and the Aero egg.
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

SilverLining

It might have been the lamb.  It was an individual size candy, and it was bubble, which the lamb is.  The warning was for nuts, not peanuts.

candyguru

yes.. sounds like the lamb, as it may contain nuts

I never had that one, as lately I have been trying the Aero orange bar  :happydance:
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview