Yearly Allergist Appointment Today

Started by MaryM, May 21, 2012, 12:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryM

I'm taking the kids to the allergist today.  They will have skin tests and DS really wants to schedule a baked egg challenge if the allergist is still on board.  As always, I am hopeful but know that more than likely there will be no change.  At least I'll get the action plans filled out for camp and one for DD so we can get to work on her 504 for K.

MaryM

Well, we have a dairy challenge scheduled for DS in July.  I'm in shock.  I'm nervous but excited.

booandbrimom

Oh, good for you! Did you see a major drop in RAST? Or does your allergist just think it's time?

Baked milk or straight milk? (And what happened to egg?)
What doesn't kill you makes you bitter.

Come commiserate with me: foodallergybitch.blogspot.com

GoingNuts

Holy Moley, Mary M.  I'm soooo excited for you.  Life got so much easier when we were able to cross milk off the list.  :thumbsup:

I'll be keeping my fingers, toes, and anything else I can think of crossed for you.  :)
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

MaryM

Straight milk.  His numbers have been more consistent with milk.  Egg wheel was up again this time.  Also in the past he consumed a piece of wonder bread (with milk listed in ingredients)by mistake and did not react.  I guess these factors combined with the allergist thinking its time.  We will redo the RAST this month just to make sure.  His excited, I am nervous. 

Janelle205

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on the milk for you as well - I cannot imagine having to avoid dairy, so hopefully you'll be able to open up a whole new world of options after the challenge!

suevv1

Fingers crossed for you Mary.  Being done with dairy will be awesome.

Sue

MommyOfTwo+1

How exciting!!!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed too that its a pass!! :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview