login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: If you live in or are traveling through Iowa  (Read 1363 times)

Description: DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!!

Offline Kelley2522

If you live in or are traveling through Iowa
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:40:07 PM »
Had the worst experience ever at Jethro's BBQ in  Des Moines, Iowa. They brought my son's food with ranch spilled all over it. I requested new food and explained. The waitress brought him the same food on a different plate after trying to scrape it off ( how do you scrape off ranch?) I explained again and was very clear as in my son could die. We were brought the food for the third time, the SAME food with chunks missing out of it and ranch saturated fries. I asked for management who was a complete jerk and after learning that that's all my son would eat, said it wasn't safe form him. I also found out the waitress lied to the kitchen and the manager about his food, and also to me.

A staff that lies about food and ingredients after I explained my kid could die.

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Re: If you live in or are traveling through Iowa
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »
I live in Eastern Iowa, but I've never heard of that place..that's horrible.. :(
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline Janelle205

Re: If you live in or are traveling through Iowa
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 01:37:48 AM »
I know that it makes some people think that I'm ridiculous, but I have asked a waiter to leave the old plate of food at the table until they brought the new one out just to be sure that it was really a new dish.