login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: P. F. Changs  (Read 1437 times)

Description:

Offline GingerPye

P. F. Changs
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:30:49 AM »
In the past I have read that some members here have eaten at P. F. Changs.  We have the opportunity to eat at one next week.  How good are they with multiple food allergens?  Milk, egg, and peanuts/tree nuts at our house.  Is it even worth a try?
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline hedgehog

Re: P. F. Changs
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:24:58 AM »
If you tell them about the allergies they will provide you with a special menu of the foods that can be made safely (for multiple allergens my guess is that they will provide two or more special menus, and you will have to cross-reference, but I'm not sure, we only have seen the PN/TN allergy menu).  They will prepare the allergy-safe dishes in a separate part of the kitchen, with separate pans & utensils, and use new packages of ingredients.  At least this is what ours told us they do, and they were very good with us (our first time we had a TNA waitress).  I suggest you call ahead to make sure that this is what they do at your local one.  I also suggest making reservations.

And I must say--their food is delicious!
USA

Offline GingerPye

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
I agree --- their food IS delicious!!

But, we had problems.  Both kids had severe vomiting episodes after eating there the other night.  It was their first try at a Chinese restaurant --- silly me, I thought it might be possible at this place.  With our kids' multiple allergies it just didn't work and I'm kicking myself for thinking it could work. 

My Mom Intuition says that there was cross-contamination during preparation.  We received the print-out of foods that did not have the kids' allergens and ordered from that.  Delicious, wonderful food.  In the car on the way home, both kids started having stomachaches and feeling nauseous.  We spent a "glorious" evening in a hotel room with both kids vomiting for hours. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:45:09 AM »
oh no!!  Sorry it was bad experience.  Only DH and I have eaten there.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »
 Oh no, GP - that's awful.  So sorry to hear it.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US