P. F. Changs

Started by GingerPye, May 24, 2012, 07:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerPye

In the past I have read that some members here have eaten at P. F. Changs.  We have the opportunity to eat at one next week.  How good are they with multiple food allergens?  Milk, egg, and peanuts/tree nuts at our house.  Is it even worth a try?
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

hedgehog

If you tell them about the allergies they will provide you with a special menu of the foods that can be made safely (for multiple allergens my guess is that they will provide two or more special menus, and you will have to cross-reference, but I'm not sure, we only have seen the PN/TN allergy menu).  They will prepare the allergy-safe dishes in a separate part of the kitchen, with separate pans & utensils, and use new packages of ingredients.  At least this is what ours told us they do, and they were very good with us (our first time we had a TNA waitress).  I suggest you call ahead to make sure that this is what they do at your local one.  I also suggest making reservations.

And I must say--their food is delicious!
USA

GingerPye

I agree --- their food IS delicious!!

But, we had problems.  Both kids had severe vomiting episodes after eating there the other night.  It was their first try at a Chinese restaurant --- silly me, I thought it might be possible at this place.  With our kids' multiple allergies it just didn't work and I'm kicking myself for thinking it could work. 

My Mom Intuition says that there was cross-contamination during preparation.  We received the print-out of foods that did not have the kids' allergens and ordered from that.  Delicious, wonderful food.  In the car on the way home, both kids started having stomachaches and feeling nauseous.  We spent a "glorious" evening in a hotel room with both kids vomiting for hours. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

hezzier

oh no!!  Sorry it was bad experience.  Only DH and I have eaten there.

GoingNuts

Oh no, GP - that's awful.  So sorry to hear it.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview