Does anyone use any type of mineral powder makeup?

Started by Jessica, May 30, 2012, 01:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

I asked this on another thread but I think there's more traffic here. Bare Escentuals has been extremely unhelpful about theirs (unfortunate since I bought a bunch just before noticing that their lipsticks have macadamia and am concerned about shared lines). Pure Minerals has macadamia in some products too. Any other brands that work as well?
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

maeve

I use L'Oreal but I don't have any allergies. I can check tonight and see if there are any ingredients listed.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Jessica

I don't have allergies either, but I don't want to worry about what I touch every time I happen to touch my face.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

maeve

Quote from: Jessica on May 30, 2012, 02:28:52 PM
I don't have allergies either, but I don't want to worry about what I touch every time I happen to touch my face.

Oh OK.  Well, my DD who has egg, peanut, and tree nut allergies has not had any issues when she's given me a hug.  She's contact reactive to even minute traces of her allergens.

USA-Virginia

maeve

USA-Virginia

CMdeux

I've used Neutrogena's Mineral Sheers (in various incarnations-- I've been using this for at least five years, probably a lot longer).  I particularly like Neutrogena (and L'Oreal before that) because they come in that fishbelly-white color that I require.   ;)  Most brands start with a "lightest" tone which still makes me look as though I've been applying the instant tanner in the dark.  After drinking heavily.

DD has never-- ever-- had any problems with my makeup, and she is very definitely contact sensitive to traces of nuts and eggs.

Some of the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers formulations now contain soybean products, if that is a concern.

Oh-- and for eye shadows, I can't use anything in Neutrogena's line (Ti oxides... blergh)... so I use Physician's Formula (or Almay) for those.  Again, full ingredients listings on everything.  Love that.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

maeve

Quote from: CMdeux on May 31, 2012, 10:52:38 PM
I've used Neutrogena's Mineral Sheers (in various incarnations-- I've been using this for at least five years, probably a lot longer).  I particularly like Neutrogena (and L'Oreal before that) because they come in that fishbelly-white color that I require.   ;)  Most brands start with a "lightest" tone which still makes me look as though I've been applying the instant tanner in the dark.  After drinking heavily. 

I used to use the Neutrogena too but they changed the packaging and I don't like the new formulation as much.  I too need the fishbelly white shade or as I like to call it: Kabuki white.  I do like how L'Oreal now breaks down their products by skin shade (cool, warm, etc.); the blue-based cool shades definitely suit my skin type.

USA-Virginia

Princess Cheese

I use tons of makeup....Currently using Revlon's Photoready foundation, and Maybelline's Dream Mouse (I think that's the name) foundation.  I've also used Clinique foundation, Makeup Forever foundation..  I posted a thread in the adult section about lots of makeup (if that's at all helpful to you! :))  One mascara I can't use is Maybelline Lash Stiletto.. it makes my eyes sting, water, etc..also any waterproof bugs me.  I have read something about the scientific word for peanut being in Covergirl foundation.  I can't use there's because it smells horrible to me.

K, this totally drug on and I bet very little was helpful LOL.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

notnutty

Just like Maeve, I currently use L'Oreal mineral foundation and concealer.  In the past I have used Bare Minerals.  DS who is very sensitive has never reacted or had any issues with me wearing either of these makeups.

I love the L'Oreal and the price is reasonable too.

Jessica

Bare minerals has only started making other products with nuts oils in the past few years. I'm guessing 2 yrs or so? I can't even remember now when I first saw it.

I wish there was a chart showing what colors are similar in each line. It's almost impossible to tell by looking at the packages (and the charts at the store are not even close to what's in the jar).
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

YouKnowWho

Many stores such as Walmart, Target, Walgreens allow you to return make-up and skin care products if the color is not what you were looking for or you react.

Still a pain but less frustrating than wasting money and less gross than communal tubes and pots of make-up (sadly I watched a woman open a tube of eyeliner at Target a few weeks ago, try it on and decide it wasn't her color and just deposited it back in the display, ugh).
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

krasota

I use No Miss and Larenim mineral pigment powders.  I don't use anything that's not just loose powder, however, as the pressed formulations always contain something I react to.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

Jessica

I couldn't help passing this along from an email I got from bare escentuals today. Definition of confusion:

Please note, if you have a nut allergy, the following items do contain ingredients derived from gluten:

Mascara – Big Tease

Skin Rev-er Upper

Exfoliating Treatment Cleanser

Firming Eye Treatment

Healthy Radiance

Pure Transformation Night Treatment (ALL SHADES)

Purely Nourishing Cream – Combo Skin

Purifying Facial Cleanser

Wrinkle Plumping Concentrate

Natural Lipcolor (ALL SHADES)

USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

CMdeux

:banghead:

"What we've got, here, is FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE..."  Ugh.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview