FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Good places to eat in Disney's California Adventure?  (Read 1714 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

Good places to eat in Disney's California Adventure?
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »
I think we might be going in July or August. We've been to Disneyland but not California Adventure.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline RaquelSA

Re: Good places to eat in Disney's California Adventure?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »
Not sure what your allergens are, but CA is just as accommodating as Disneyland. We are pn/tn and our daughter loves the chinese food at the pier, the princess dinner at Ariel's Grotto, she eats the Mexican including the tortillas on the Mission tour. She cannot have the sourdough breads due to cross. We often also eat in the hotel restaurants and really like the breakfast (with characters) at Grand Californian. Like Disneyland, each walk-up has a binder with allergens including the carts while the sit-down restaurants have a chef who can talk with you - just ask.

Have fun!

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »
What kind of food are you looking for?  There are certain restaurants at Disneyland/ CA Adventure that we love, others not so much (just as far as personal preference--all are good allergy-wise).  Our favorite is pretty pricey--the one at the wine country part.
USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 12:44:56 AM »
Thanks-the allergens are in my signature. Peanuts and tree nut.We are just looking for basic food. At DL we always ate at the Village Haus (which I realize a lot of people don't like) and got things like pizza, burgers, etc.

Not sure what your allergens are, but CA is just as accommodating as Disneyland. We are pn/tn and our daughter loves the chinese food at the pier, the princess dinner at Ariel's Grotto, she eats the Mexican including the tortillas on the Mission tour. She cannot have the sourdough breads due to cross. We often also eat in the hotel restaurants and really like the breakfast (with characters) at Grand Californian. Like Disneyland, each walk-up has a binder with allergens including the carts while the sit-down restaurants have a chef who can talk with you - just ask.

Have fun!

I've never seen a binder when we've gone. I ask when we order and they've just told us if what we're ordering is safe. I'll have to ask about the binder.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA